Tuesday 31 May 2011

What does any good King need?

Germans! I have finished assembly of my King's German Legion (a small Lasalle Infantry unit) this morning, with the hopes to have it painted by Thursday. Dreams are free right?

The Kings German Legion (KGL) in the broadest, simplest terms were Hanoverian ex-pats who got kicked out of Germany by Napoleon's partition of Germany, who then headed off to Britain to resume the fight against Napoleon. They fought pretty darn well too; representing themselves with distinction in the Peninsular and also at Waterloo (plus a whole lot more). They were a pretty cool force, I am including them firstly because I am jealous of my friend Nick's awesome Prussians (I want germans too!) but also because the KGL had their own everything in effect, cavalry, artillery and infantry, so the KGL will represent the Brunswick support that my Guards will recieve at army list time. This means I will have 2 units of KGL infantry, 1 unit of Hussars, an artillery battery and 1 elite infantry (which might be more highlanders, in keeping with my highlander=elite policy.

To make my KGL, I have combined the Victrix Hanoverian heads (which Warlord sent to me by mistake in place of some Colonels) with the Perry bodies. It was tempting to have all of my KGL in the stovepipe shako; but given that I am trying to make an 1815 British force (which I am mildly regretting; given that the battle of Salamanca had everything I want!) I have opted to use the metal heads on the "command" models only. All the models use the metal backpack which came with the pack, contributing to the differences. 

Enough talk, more pictures!
The Commander for the unit, I am particulary happy
with how this guy looks!











The skirmisher for the unit











And the unit as a whole!

Off to the spray paint with these chaps, hopefully will get them finished in a couple of days!

CP

No comments:

Post a Comment